This is an informal survey, depending on the results I may or may not set up a more formal survey.
Question A: Why and when do you download Fedora?
First off, why and when do you download Fedora? Some suggestions:
- A new Fedora release comes out and you want a copy (release trigger.)
- You’ve obtained a new piece of hardware and want to put Fedora on it (hardware trigger.)
- You’re at a friend’s house and you’re helping them install Fedora (spread Fedora trigger.)
- You’re grabbing a copy of Fedora to burn onto several disks to bring to your LUG meeting (f2f event trigger.)
- You or someone you know has massive HW failure and you want to make a LiveMedia disc or USB key so they can still use their computer while waiting on parts (solution trigger.)
- Another reason?
Why and when else do you download Fedora?
Question B: How do you get Fedora?
So you need to get a copy of Fedora and install it. How do you do this? Some suggestions:
- Pick up a hard copy of a disc (live media or DVD?) at an event.
- Click a link in the release announcement or in FWN
- Don’t download, use PXE boot.
- Kickstart using some other management service other than PXE boot.
- Go to www.fedoraproject.org, and click on download
- Go straight to get.fedoraproject.org
- Go straight to mirrors.fedoraproject.org
- Go straight to torrent.fedoraproject.org
- Go straight to spins.fedoraproject.org
- Through the Fedora Unity project
- Look up Fedora on a bittorrent tracker that is NOT torrent.fedoraproject.org
- Don’t download, preupgrade.
- Get a copy / usb key from a friend
- Download or obtain copy from local source (e.g., university student gets a copy from university help desk, employee at a company gets it from internal mirror)
- Purchase physical media from an online store
- Free Media Program
- Some other method?
Question C: What Fedora do you get?
When you ‘download Fedora’, what is it you’re actually downloading?
- The Fedora DVD iso
- A LiveMedia spin iso (any spin)
- boot image to do a net install
- Nothing, I use preupgrade.
- Some other type of Fedora?
Thanks in advance for your help! If you want to keep your answer short & sweet, that’s cool, you can use a format like this:
C: 5 – I download blah blah
Please note, I’m interested in how YOU personally would answer them, only; your thoughts on how other people would answer will not help.