Fedora 12 is not out yet, no. However, thanks in a big part to Luya being on the ball and getting started on the media artwork, and with his help, we have put together a full set of Fedora 12 media artwork. So now you can have a head start at getting your media all prepared and ready to burn next Tuesday! 🙂
All the media artwork has been created for the following Fedoras:
- Fedora Desktop Live Media, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Fedora KDE Live Media, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Fedora Install DVD, 32-bit and 64-bit
We’ve got sleeves:
We’ve got labels:
I also put together a set of LightScribe labels. We could actually really use your help with these – I don’t have a LightScribe burner so I don’t have a way to test the design. If you’re planning to LightScribe burn F12 anyway and have the equipment to do so, would you mind giving one of the designs a try and letting us know if the label design works okay?
We also have made all of the templates used to create these designs available, so if you want to make a custom label (maybe you’ve a favorite spin you’d like to burn?) you’re free to do so. Wait a minute, you don’t own expensive Adobe software? Gee, you are silly – you don’t need that stuff! All these designs were made in Fedora! 🙂 Check it out:
- The base background design used in the sleeves and in the LightScribe designs was made in Gimp.
- The layout of the sleeves and labels was made in Scribus, with a little bit of SVG help from Inkscape.
- The LightScribe layout was made in Inkscape.